Welcome to the Story Field Conference Participant Creations blog. Here we’ll post our creations — or links to our creations* — writings, videos, audio files, graphics, whatever.
This Story Field Conference Participant Creations blog is for our narrative and artistic creations. Our other blog — the Story Field Community Conversation blog — is for free-flowing talk with each other and exploring ideas.
We invite you to post creations (and create postings) that reflect the purpose of the Story Field Conference: to shift our culture’s “story field” in life-enhancing directions.
These can include
- evocative images
- essays and stories — past, present, and future — about what’s needed, good, or possible
- myths, journalism, dance, poetry, and humor that communicate life at its best and most meaningful
- stories about the struggles and successes of making better lives and a better world
- works about how stories and story-work can, are, or will make a difference
- and anything else that serves our shared purpose.
We’re especially interested in “imagineering” stories — stories of, into, or looking back from a better future, crafted to inspire and/or help people to live into that future.
We don’t want to co-create just one dominant story or embody one life-constricting ideology. We believe that life is filled with many possibilities, many outlooks, many dimensions, many unfoldings. We want to collectively call forth a very rich and diverse field of stories that evoke a sense of positive possibility and deep reality. We want to empower better futures to come into being.
Community Spirit and Blog Moderation
We want this blog to be a respectful, interesting, spam-free space that most all of us look forward to coming back to over and over. It is set up to facilitate that.
- Only registered Story Field Conference participants can submit blog postings here. If you are a registered participant, you will receive an invitation in which you click a link that gets you permission to post, once you log in to the blog.
- WordPress users who are not Story Field Conference participants can submit comments but not original postings. Their first comment must be approved by a moderator before they get permission to post without moderation. This nips spam in the bud.
- Any posting or comment may be edited or deleted by blog moderators if, in their judgment, it is inappropriate or deleterious to the well-being and intention of the Story Field Conference community.
After the Story Field Conference in August 2007, the community may decide to proceed with different forums or moderation standards.
* If your creation is too big to post here as a blog entry, and you don’t have another place online to post it (so you can link to it in your blog entry), send your doc or a ready-to-post page (including any needed html code) to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Story Field Conference Submission” in the subject line. I’ll post it on the Story Field Conference site and send you a URL to link to in a blog entry here, which announces your creation to the group.