July 28, 2007
I wrote this little poem at a retreat with Gangaji. It’s an attempt to express something about the place that stories (and story fields) arise from. I offer it in honor of that placeless place. Lorraine Cook
Freedom in the Binding
My teacher told me to write about Illusion and the Truth.
I wrote Illusions on the left side of my journal
and Truth responded on the right.
Until it became obvious
they were opposing each other.
“Where exactly do you meet?” I wrote.
And discovered, then, the binding,
A slit so narrow, there aren’t any words.
I will write you a book of Truth and Illusion
but where I rest is in the binding.
The place where consciousness is born and breathes,
writing out the pages of a story that
holds together only by what binds it.
1 Comment | poetry/lyrics | Permalink
Posted by lorrainecook
March 6, 2007
Please join us in adding labels (tags, categories) to your entries in this blog. There’s a space for labels at the bottom of your “new entry” page. You can make up your own, but the more we use shared labels, the easier it will be to search the gallery for the type(s) of creations we’re most interested in. We offer the labels below for your reference:
- REALITY STATE – non-fiction, fiction, imagineering*, magical realism**
- TIME – past, present time, future, other time***, timeless****
- MEDIUM – text, graphic, video, audio
- LITERATURE – novel, poetry/lyrics, short story, creative non-fiction, drama, humor, prose poem, myth, literature
- VISUAL ART – painting, drawing, sculpture, graphic, electronic art, other visual art
- VIDEO/PERFORMANCE – dance, performance, presentation, animation/flash, videographic poem, movie
- AUDIO – music, spoken word, nature sounds
- NONFICTION – commentary, reflection, instructional essay, human interest, journalism, developments/trends, review
- ANNOUNCEMENTS – announcement, classified ad, educational opportunity, award/contest, resource(s), proposal, reference/biblio/link(s), organization, activity
- INTERACTIVE – ritual, prayer, game, virtual reality, interactive
Blogger doesn’t let us post more than 200 characters in the Label field, so it may take several postings for us to get all these listed in the “labels” column in the right-hand margin….
* imagineering – writing about the future as if it has already happened in a way that empowers and/or invites people to live into that future; fiction that ultimately intends to be non-fiction
** magical realism – seemingly realistic seamlessly mixed with magical elements
*** other time – fictional or other-dimensional worlds with their own time
**** timeless – talking about something eternal or simply without reference to its past, present, and future
3 Comments | *medium - other, *medium - text, *medium - video, *time - other, *time - past, *time - present, *time - timeless, poetry/lyrics, short story | Permalink
Posted by tomatlee